Tuesday, 30 April 2013

Susan Donaj creator of 'The Wild Things'

A word from Susan Donaj
Creator of 
'The Wild Things'
Bearcrafter for more than 30 years


Germany

"My name is Susan Donaj and I'm a 52 year
old German bear maker. When I was 15 years old, I made my first bear which was more a dog than a bear, but from this moment I was addicted and over the years my hobby turned more and more into a profession. 

Susan Donaj

These days a lot of new bears come into the world in the attic of our home where my studio is located. 

'Brando'

My three cats are a great inspiration for my Wild Things because I love these sweet, helpless and innocent faces and I try to give every bear this expression. 

'Candy'

When I'm not behind the sewing machine you will find me horse-riding, creating mixed media journal pages or reading Guild news.

'Logan'

'Danny'

 To be a part of the Guild is wonderful because it is a great place for information around the bear world and to meet people with the same interests."

If you would like to find out more about Susan's work, please visit: 

https://www.facebook.com/SushisWildThings

3 comments:

  1. Your little bears are special. I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you still have some of your early creations, Susan? Would love to see pictures of your first bears, too! Hugs, Janice

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is fun to hear a little more about you and your sweet bears, Susan!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting The Guild of Master Bearcrafters' blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...