Monday, 10 June 2013

Silke Borrmann creator of 'The Mountaineers'


A word from Silke Borrmann
Creator of 
'THE MOUNTAINEERS'
Bearcrafter since 2001

GERMANY

Silke Borrmann

Even as a child I enjoyed handcrafts. Later the bears "happened". I can not tell you when it was, but after I had visited a design course, I created the first more classic bears from my own designs. The emergence of "The Mountaineers". 

'Klassiker'

Today I most like to make nature bears. Here I use mainly alpaca and leather. In between, there are also small editions of classic bears and other animals. 

'Ajaatu'

Unfortunately, because of my job as a secretary in a company that programmed software for opticians, I have not much time for this wonderful hobby.

'Cows'

Since a few years I am a member of the Guild. Here the bear artist really find anything worth knowing: All about events, competitions, workshops, tips and trend and much more. In addition, members can exchange information with each other, present their latest creations and comment. The bears of the members will be presented in Showcases at the Guild Facebook or blog. It is well organized and is constantly updated, which is truly remarkable. 

'Kaela'

The Guild is really essential for the bear maker and here I only regret that I have not more leisure time".


If you would like to find out more about Silke's work, please visit her website: 

http://www.mountaineers-baeren.de/

2 comments:

Thank you for visiting The Guild of Master Bearcrafters' blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...