Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Agnès Chauvet creator of Les Ours de l'Autize

A word from Agnès Chauvet
Creator of
'LES OURS DE L'AUTIZE'
Bearcrafter since 2008

FRANCE

Agnès Chauvet

Sixteen years ago, I didn’t know that watching a documentary about English artist bears would change my life!  This was the beginning of my own passion for teddy bears, as an artist bear maker and a collector.  I tried to make one too, but after many and many tries, I did not have the result I wanted. 


'Hudson & James'

Several years ago, after a visit at a teddy bear shop, I just said to myself  “If I try again… why not?”  So, after many months of design and testing, in March 2008, my first two little bears were born, but they were not really what I had in my mind.  So back to work Agnès!  In August 2009, hurrah!  'Golden Boy', 'Chocolate' and 'Bernard' were born.

'Nuts'

Since then, the design of my teddies has evolved. They have grown up!  My bears are one-of-a-kind teddies, in mohair or alpaca.  They eat lots of honey and have a little round bellies (little is not the right word...LOL...!)  This is where their paws rest for a good nap!  Their ears are pointed at the top at their heads, giving them, as the mohair used, a cheeky little character looking wondering, or surprised. I always take care about their face and the look they have.  Their faces often look pensive or questioning, with a soft smile full of tenderness.

'Hermann'

Last year, I designed new slumpy teddies with sculpted paws, soft bodies and arms like Jasper.  I also worked on designs with soft bodies for classic teddies and I really like these teddies, as they have more natural movement. This suits very well to my old teddies style and natural bears style too. The mohair inspires me and gives me the idea of which design I must use, but sometimes, I have a special teddy in my mind and I am looking for his special mohair for ages!

'Jasper'

Right now, I am working on new collections, with slightly longer noses and I am also working on a new design of baby bears with big soft bodies, short arms and legs and more rounded heads. In exclusivity for the Guild, the name of this collection : Les Babiz de l’Autize!

'Stanilas'

It’s a great honor for me to be a member of The Guild of Master Bearcrafters!  I really appreciate all the topics on this site. It’s a great place to discuss bear making, also to find advice about teddy bear business and to discover the work of International artists, all in one website. Each one can bring and share his experience as artist bear maker and it’s a great opportunity to learn about experienced artists or designers.  “A non-elitist guild dedicated to the art and promotion of bearcraft”: it’s absolutely true! Each one can find his place at The Guild!

'Dundee' came 2nd in the British Bear Artist Awards in 2011!

If you would like to find out more about Agnès' work, please visit her blog: 

4 comments:

  1. Agnès, I am so happy to see this profile about you and your beautiful bears! I love your teddy bear creations; they are all so happy and cute. :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congredulations Agnès!!!! i love your creations. hugs.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for visiting The Guild of Master Bearcrafters' blog.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...